6/12/2006

A Dog Joke

A bloke sees a sign in a petshop window saying "Talking dog for sale. Yours for £5. Enquire within."

He walks inside. There's no one behind the counter. Just a mutt.

The chap has his doubts, but, since there's no one around, he says to the dog "Do you talk?"

The dog looks at him and says "Of course. Can't you read?"

"That's incredible," says the man. "And how did you end up for sale in a pet shop?"

The dog replies "Well, my unusual talent was spotted when I was just a puppy. Pretty soon,I'd been recruited by the CIA as a spy. Unsuspecting criminals and terrorists would talk freely in my presence, little suspecting that I was memorising their every word. I was the key witness in the Gotti trial. And it was my detective work that helped the CIA track down Saddam Hussein."

The dog continued "Well, eventually, the mafia put out a contract on me and so now I've decided I just want to live an ordinary canine life as a family pet. You know, fetching sticks and humping the occasional leg. So I asked the pet shop owner to try and sell me."

Just then, the petshop owner appears. He says, "I see you're talking to Rex. Are you interested in buying him, perchance?"

The punter says "Well, yeah, but tell me why the asking price is so low. I mean, a dog like this must be worth millions."

And the shopkeeper says: "That dog's a f**king liar. He never did half those things!"

No comments: